Recipe by Chef likestocook
I got this recipe online from Custom Catering's. This is not for anyone on a diet, but everyone will be talking about it! It is very thick and delicious. I have simpler recipes, but if you want to impress this is the one.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
This soup is very tasty. It is very rich and very thick. Followed recipe except used lt. sour cream and 1 pt of 1/2 and 1/2 instead of cream. I also just used 1/2 C bacon grease. Made for October Photo Event 07
- 12 large idaho potatoes (8-9 lbs)
- 2 medium onions
- 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 quart sour cream
- 1 cup bacon grease
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb butter, melted
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions or 1 bunch shallot, chopped
- 2 cups bacon bits, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the potatoes in the olive oil.
- Bake potatoes and onions in 375°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise; use a spoon to scoop out the potato.
- Peel the skin and roots from the onion.
- Use a food processor to blend all of the ingredients except cheddar cheese, green onions, and bacon bits. The heat will melt the cheese.
- Put the blended soup into a 10 quart stock pot over low heat until serving temperature.
- Put shredded cheddar, bacon bits, and onions for everyone to use to top their soup.