Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice and creamy, topped with cheese, bacon and sour cream. This is not a diet soup!
- 5 large russet potatoes, baked until tender
- 118.29 ml butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 907.18 g half-and-half (or milk)
- 680.38 g milk
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese
- 10 slice bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 118.29-158.51 ml sour cream
- Peel potatoes and mash.
- Shred cheese and set aside until needed.
- Cook onions in butter in a large deep pot until tender.
- Stir in the flour until it is smooth.
- Add the potatoes, half and half (or milk), milk, salt, and white pepper, stirring until soup thickens.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve soup topped with cheese, bacon, and sour cream.
This was excellent - easy, and soooo good - definately a keeper!