Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice and creamy, topped with cheese, bacon and sour cream. This is not a diet soup!
- 5 large russet potatoes, baked until tender
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 32 ounces half-and-half (or milk)
- 24 ounces milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 10 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup sour cream
- Peel potatoes and mash.
- Shred cheese and set aside until needed.
- Cook onions in butter in a large deep pot until tender.
- Stir in the flour until it is smooth.
- Add the potatoes, half and half (or milk), milk, salt, and white pepper, stirring until soup thickens.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve soup topped with cheese, bacon, and sour cream.
This was excellent - easy, and soooo good - definately a keeper!