A hearty soup that tastes simply fabulous.
Make and share this Baked Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350F and bake the potatoes until fork tender, about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. (You can bake the potatoes beforehand).
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Slowly blend in flour with a wire whisk until thoroughly blended. Cook the roux (flour in butter) until a very pale golden. Gradually add milk to the roux, garlic and season to taste, whisking constantly.
- Cut potatoes in half, scoop out the interior and set aside. Chop up half the potato peels and discard the remainder.
- When milk mixture is very hot, whisk in potato. Add green onion and potato peels. Whisk well, add sour cream and crumbled bacon. Heat thoroughly. Add cheese a little at a time until all is melted in .
- Note: You can set aside a bit of the bacon, green onions and cheese to sprinkle on top for a nice appearance.