1/4 Photos of Baked Potato Soup
1 hr 30 mins
A hearty soup that tastes simply fabulous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350F and bake the potatoes until fork tender, about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. (You can bake the potatoes beforehand).
- 2Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Slowly blend in flour with a wire whisk until thoroughly blended. Cook the roux (flour in butter) until a very pale golden. Gradually add milk to the roux, garlic and season to taste, whisking constantly.
- 3Cut potatoes in half, scoop out the interior and set aside. Chop up half the potato peels and discard the remainder.
- 4When milk mixture is very hot, whisk in potato. Add green onion and potato peels. Whisk well, add sour cream and crumbled bacon. Heat thoroughly. Add cheese a little at a time until all is melted in .
- 5Note: You can set aside a bit of the bacon, green onions and cheese to sprinkle on top for a nice appearance.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.4
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 128.9 mg
- Sodium 574.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 20.1 g