Recipe by Kimberly Keller
This recipe is from another web site. It is like O'Charley's Loaded Potato Soup. In fact, I prefer this recipe over the real thing. Times are a guess.
Top Review by mama "G"
What a great and easy recipe! This is the first time that I made homemade potato soup, it was soo easy and delicous. I brought it to a work potluck and it was a huge hit. It was the first time that I brought something and didn't have any to bring back home. Everyone asked me for the this recipe. The only thing that I did different is that I didn't use green onions, instead I used some onion flakes. I also added garlic and paprika for more flavor. Thank you for posting this recipe. I thought this was much better than any restraurant that I have been to.
- 12 slice bacon
- 158.51 ml margarine
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 1656.13 ml milk
- 4 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 295.73 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until browned.
- Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Stir in potatoes and onions.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.