This recipe is from another web site. It is like O'Charley's Loaded Potato Soup. In fact, I prefer this recipe over the real thing. Times are a guess.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until browned.
- Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Stir in potatoes and onions.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
What a great and easy recipe! This is the first time that I made homemade potato soup, it was soo easy and delicous. I brought it to a work potluck and it was a huge hit. It was the first time that I brought something and didn't have any to bring back home. Everyone asked me for the this recipe. The only thing that I did different is that I didn't use green onions, instead I used some onion flakes. I also added garlic and paprika for more flavor. Thank you for posting this recipe. I thought this was much better than any restraurant that I have been to.
I don't get excited about a lot of things I make that taste great- mainly because I expect them to taste good. However, this one really raised my eyebrows- it was incredible! I did make a few changes, I added some regular yellow onions, a fresh rosemary sprig one tsp of seasoning salt and used light sour cream- this was just wonderful! I will be adding this one to my favorites!
OMG! Made it exactly how it was written. It's very thick and hearty! My daughter who does not like potato's at all, loved this and asked for more. I used lite everything, milk, cheese and sourcream and you could not tell the difference! I'm hosting a "Soup Party" and this is going to be mine! Love it! Thanks for sharing!