This recipe is from another web site. It is like O'Charley's Loaded Potato Soup. In fact, I prefer this recipe over the real thing. Times are a guess.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until browned.
- Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Stir in potatoes and onions.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.