Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A warm and comforting soup, perfect for any occasion.
- 5 lbs russet potatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- peel and cube the potatoes into bite sized pieces.
- mince the onion.
- place potatoes, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and chicken stock in slow cooker and cook on low for 7 hours or high for 3 1/2 hours.
- remove roughly 2 cups of the potatoes using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- use an immersion blender to puree the ingredients that have been cooking in the chicken stock until smooth.
- add the remaining ingredients and stir while the cheese melts, immersion blender can be used to ensure a smooth consistency.
- add the reserved potatoes.
- garnish with any desired items such as bacon, green onions, more cheese, etc --
- and most important, ENJOY!