Recipe by weekend cooker
Unusual recipe here as the ingredients go in hot, and the slow cooker keeps this warm. This is great for singles, or a small family as this will already be cooked on the stove, and kept warm in the slow cooker.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! The weather has cooled off a bit the last few days and this fit the mood and the weather. Nice comfort food that was easy to put together and tasted great. Thanks Doug for a nice keeper. Made for your win in the Football Pool. Congrats again.
- 4 large baked potatoes
- 158.51 ml butter
- 158.51 ml flour
- 1419.54 ml milk
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 slice bacon, fried and crumbled
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 226.79 g sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes in half, and scoop out pulp, and put in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in a large kettle, add flour, and gradually stir in the milk.
- Continue to stir until smooth, thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in potato pulp, salt, pepper, 3 of the green onions, 8 bacon slices, and 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese. Cook until heated.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Now you can transfer this to the slow cooker set on LOW to keep warm.
- Top with the remaining onions, bacon, and cheese.
- Ready to take to a potluck, or straight from the cooker, to enjoy on a cool day.