Unusual recipe here as the ingredients go in hot, and the slow cooker keeps this warm. This is great for singles, or a small family as this will already be cooked on the stove, and kept warm in the slow cooker.
- Cut potatoes in half, and scoop out pulp, and put in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in a large kettle, add flour, and gradually stir in the milk.
- Continue to stir until smooth, thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in potato pulp, salt, pepper, 3 of the green onions, 8 bacon slices, and 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese. Cook until heated.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Now you can transfer this to the slow cooker set on LOW to keep warm.
- Top with the remaining onions, bacon, and cheese.
- Ready to take to a potluck, or straight from the cooker, to enjoy on a cool day.