1/1 Photo of Baked Potato Soup
Theresa/ Thunderbird's Note:
This resipe uses baked potatoes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 -3 baking potatoes, baked or microwaved
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally for 1-2 minutes or until tender.
- 3Stir in flour.
- 4Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk.
- 5Scoop potato pulp from one potato; mash.
- 6Add pulp to broth mixture.
- 7Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally,until mixture just comes to a boil Dice remaining potato skin and potato (es) add to soup.
- 8Heath though.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Top each serving with bacon,cheese and green onion.
- 11VARIATION: For a different twist to this recipe,omit the bacon,cheddar cheese and green onion.
- 12Cook 2 tablespoons of shredded carrot with the onion and add 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed to the soup when adding the broth.
- 13Proceed as above.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.6
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 698.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 15.5 g