Recipe by podapo
This is fantastic on cool days. Only gets better with each day. I usually make it a day or two before I really want it.
Top Review by nnreq
This was an awesome recipe. It was so easy to make and tasted just like at the resturants. My family enjoyed this for lunch along with Sue l's asiago herb bread and let me tell you it was a real treat.
- 6 baking potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 quarts milk
- salt and pepper
- 6 green onions
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash potatoes and bake until fork tender.
- Let cool.
- Melt butter in dutch oven, slowly blend in flour with a wire whisk until throughly blended.
- Gradually add milk to the butter-flour mixture, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in salt and pepper and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cut potatoes into bite-size cubes.
- When milk mixture is very hot, add potatoes, green onion, sour cream and bacon.
- Mix throughly and heat completely.
- Add cheese a little at a time until melted.