Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked and cubed
- Bake potatoes and cube them.
- In a large saucepan, saute the celery and onion in butter for 8 to 10 minutes until tender.
- Blend the flour with 1/4 cup of the half and half.
- Add to celery mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, parsley, bouillon, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Do not boil.
- Stir in potatoes.
- Add remaining half and half and heat throughly without boiling.
- Serve with your choice of garnishes: Grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped chives or bacon bits.
My kids loved this recipe especially topping it with shredded cheese and real bacon bits. It was an easy recipe to make, perfect for a cold day. And there wasn't a ton of it leftover to fuss with. Thanks for posting!
Easy recipe,but had no flavor,I followed the recipe exactly I added another bouillion cube and still was very bland.