Top Review by Pooh Bear
My kids loved this recipe especially topping it with shredded cheese and real bacon bits. It was an easy recipe to make, perfect for a cold day. And there wasn't a ton of it leftover to fuss with. Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked and cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes and cube them.
- In a large saucepan, saute the celery and onion in butter for 8 to 10 minutes until tender.
- Blend the flour with 1/4 cup of the half and half.
- Add to celery mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, parsley, bouillon, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Do not boil.
- Stir in potatoes.
- Add remaining half and half and heat throughly without boiling.
- Serve with your choice of garnishes: Grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped chives or bacon bits.