1/2 Photos of Baked Potato Soup
Cold weather is on the way and it's almost time for potato harvest. After trying this soup recipe, you will always bake extra potatoes to use in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices bacon, fried crisp (Retain drippings)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2/3 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled baked potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups light cream (or 1/2 c. water and 2 cans of evaporated milk)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1Chop cooked bacon& set aside.
- 2Cook onions in bacon drippings over medium high heat until transparent.
- 3Add flour, stirring to prevent lumps.
- 4Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until mixture begins to turn golden.
- 5Add broth gradually, whisking constantly until thickened.
- 6Reduce heat to simmer.
- 7Add potatoes, cream, bacon, parsley, garlic, basil, Tabasco sauce, and black pepper.
- 8Simmer ten minutes on low heat.
- 9Serve in bowls.
- 10Top with cheese and green onion.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.2
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 47.9 mg
- Sodium 595.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 10.2 g