Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 17 mins
A rich, creamy, comforting soup
Make and share this Baked Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 2 3/4 lb.)
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4-2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake potatoes at 350 degrees for 65-75 minutes or until tender; cool completely.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in sour cream.
- Add potatoes and green onions; mix well.
- Ladle into serving bowls; top with bacon and cheddar cheese.
Nothing better than a steaming hot bowl of baked potato soup to fill your tummy on a harsh winter day. This one is the best as far a we are concerned. The tender potatoes and the rich creamy soup, topped with cheddar and bacon. Doesn't get any better. Simply awesome. Thanks Nurse Di.
This soup is pure gold. Nothing comforts me more than something creamy and potato-filled. This soup was better than all the rest I have tried. It had a rich and creamy base. The green onions, bacon and cheddar were the perfect enhancers. We all voted and agreed this one deserved more than 5-stars. Thanks Nurse Di.