Great for using leftover baked potatoes.
Make and share this Baked Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Pierce potatoes with fork and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes or until done.
- Cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and cook in a heavy bottom soup pot over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pot and set aside, leaving drippings in the pot.
- To the drippings in the pot add flour and stir and heat for 1 minute, whisk in milk.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until bubbly and thickened, stirring frequently.
- Scoop out potato pulp from the skins; add to the milk mixture; mash with the back of a wooden spoon leaving it a little bit chuncky.
- Add bacon (leaving a little out for topping the soup), 2 tablespoons of the onion, 1 cup cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Stir until cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream; mix until combined.
- Spoon soup into bowls, sprinkle with bacon, cheese and onions.