Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe from Rachael Ray's magazine. She recommends serving it with breadsticks. Use an immersion blender to easily puree the soup.
- In large saucepan, combine the potatoes, 2 cups milk and 1 t salt.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, add the cauliflower and scallion whites, cover and simmer until tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 cup milk, then puree the soup.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Microwave the bacon at high power until crisp, 3-4 minutes; crumble.
- Divide the soup among 4 bowls and top with the shredded cheese, sour cream, crumbled bacon and scallion greens.
This soup is good but I think I would have liked it more with less cauliflower, maybe half the amount given. I used Baco's to save the fat from the bacon. It's quick to make up and the sour cream and cheese are yumm toppings. It made a very nice lunch of a dark rainy day. Made for Photo Tag.