Prep 1 min
Cook 30 mins
Rich in flavor. A real comfort dish. Don't let the preparation time scare you. It just involves baking the potatoes.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled, and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 10 -12 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, stir until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until soup begins to bubble. Reduce heat, simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Serves 6-8,.