Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful hearty soup. My husband begs me to make it for him all the time.
Make and share this Baked Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in flour. Heat and stir until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Add potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.