Recipe by Post Time
Good old fashioned comfort food!
Top Review by LauraBlueEyes
So, so, so good. I used baby yukon gold potatoes in this and was very happy with the result. Made a mix of the green onion and bacon, but also added shredded cheddar cheese for the topping. Looking forward to the leftovers tomorrow. Thanks Post Time.
- 6 slices bacon (cut up)
- 3 medium baking potatoes (unpeeled and chopped)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (chopped)
- 4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 green onions (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in large saucepan until crisp. Remove bacon. Drain drippings. Reserve 3 Tablespoons.
- Add potatoes, 1 cup of onion, carrot and celery to reserved drippings. Cook covered over low heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- In a bowl, mix sour cream, flour and paprika. Slowly stir 1 cup of hot mixture into sour cream mixture. Stir until creamy. Add the rest to hot mixture. Cook and stir until soup bubbles.
- Serve with bacon and green onion served on top.