Good old fashioned comfort food!
Make and share this Baked Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cook bacon in large saucepan until crisp. Remove bacon. Drain drippings. Reserve 3 Tablespoons.
- Add potatoes, 1 cup of onion, carrot and celery to reserved drippings. Cook covered over low heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- In a bowl, mix sour cream, flour and paprika. Slowly stir 1 cup of hot mixture into sour cream mixture. Stir until creamy. Add the rest to hot mixture. Cook and stir until soup bubbles.
- Serve with bacon and green onion served on top.
So, so, so good. I used baby yukon gold potatoes in this and was very happy with the result. Made a mix of the green onion and bacon, but also added shredded cheddar cheese for the topping. Looking forward to the leftovers tomorrow. Thanks Post Time.
Wow, this is so good! Rich and satisfying, right down to the last spoonful! I easily halved the recipe and loved the skins left on the potatoes as well as the addition of paprika, yum! Thanks for sharing :) Made for PAC Spring 09
For just 2 of us, I cut this recipe down by half, using 1 large potato! I really appreciated that the potato was used unpeeled! A VERY, VERY NICE COMFORT FOOD, & a recipe that's a keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]