Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so simple because it uses leftover mashed potatoes.
Make and share this Baked Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups mashed potatoes, leftovers
- 4 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled, about 4 slices
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 -8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 - 2 cups
- salt, if needed, to taste (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- chives (optional)
- bacon, pieces (optional)
- cheese (optional)
- In a large pot; heat butter; add onions, celery and garlic. Sauté until tender.
- Add the broth to the pot and bring just to a boil.
- Stir in the mashed potatoes, cooked crumbled bacon, fat free half and half (or milk) and pepper. Bring to just a gentle simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and heated through. Do NOT allow to boil.
- Add salt if needed, to taste.
- Serve with any or all of the optional garnishes, if desired.