1/1 Photo of Baked Potato Soup
This is so simple because it uses leftover mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups mashed potatoes, leftovers
- 4 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled, about 4 slices
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 -8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 - 2 cups
- salt, if needed, to taste (optional)
- 1In a large pot; heat butter; add onions, celery and garlic. Sauté until tender.
- 2Add the broth to the pot and bring just to a boil.
- 3Stir in the mashed potatoes, cooked crumbled bacon, fat free half and half (or milk) and pepper. Bring to just a gentle simmer.
- 4Reduce heat to low and stir in the cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and heated through. Do NOT allow to boil.
- 5Add salt if needed, to taste.
- 6Serve with any or all of the optional garnishes, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.0
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 85.4 mg
- Sodium 1499.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 21.3 g