Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of the best soup recipes ever! Hearty to the max!
Make and share this Baked Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Chop bacon and fry in a very large pot until crisp. Remove from pan, reserve 1/2 of drippings.
- Add celery and onion to drippings and saute until soft but not brown, approximately ten minutes.
- Stir in flour. Add stock and simmer for five minutes or until thickened. Add potatoes.
- Mix cream, milk, and sour cream. Add this to soup. Heat through.
- Garnish with cheese, green onion, and bacon.
This was tasty, but it wasn't as creamy as I had hoped. Next time, I would reduce the amount of chicken broth to probably about 6 cups and increase the heavy cream. I did use more heavy cream, about 1 cup, with the recipe as is and it still had too much of a chicken broth taste to me than I would have preferred. It does have a good flavor thanks to the bacon! Thanks for posting.
I chose this recipe for PAC Fall 2008. It was delicious! I am a big fan of potato soup and I found this soup to be very creamy and I liked that the vegetables were sauteed in bacon grease. That added a lot of flavor. Will certainly make again. Thanks Vicki.
I only made 1/4 of this recipe, since it was just for the two of us! Didn't cut corners with the ingredients, though, & this was a VERY CREAMY, VERY TASTY potato soup ~ Definitely a keeper! One thing I will do next time is to leave the peel on the potatoes, although I'll dice it up fairly small so that there aren't any LARGE pieces of potato skin in it! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed while visiting Eastern Europe during Zaar's World Tour 4]