- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 large potatoes, baked, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoons drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper; mix well.
- Gradually add broth, bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil. Garnish with bacon cheese and parsley.
- (I tend to make this in the crock pot. I think it tastes a lot better!).