This is one of my favorite soups. I got this recipe from my most used cookbook. Try using turkey bacon and light/fat free ingredients for a healthier option. Cooking times does not include baking potatoes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- 2In a stockpot, melt margarine over medium heat, add flour and whisk until smooth.
- 3Gradually add milk, stir constantly until thickened.
- 4Add cubed potatoes, onions and spices. Bring to a boil, stir frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Add bacon, cheese and sour cream. Stir until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 933.3
- Calories from Fat 621
- Total Fat 69.0 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 117.8 mg
- Sodium 1348.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 27.6 g