Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of my favorite soups. I got this recipe from my most used cookbook. Try using turkey bacon and light/fat free ingredients for a healthier option. Cooking times does not include baking potatoes
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a stockpot, melt margarine over medium heat, add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, stir constantly until thickened.
- Add cubed potatoes, onions and spices. Bring to a boil, stir frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add bacon, cheese and sour cream. Stir until cheese is melted.
We enjoyed this soup very much! This is a rich and creamy potato soup. The baked potato helps to give a lot of flavor. I made as directed adding more salt as desired. I served with a tossed green salad. Thank you, kcdelong!