Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is great on a cold day. If you like baked potatoes, you'll love this soup.
- 6 slices bacon, crumbled
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Bake potatoes until done, dice and place in saucepan.
- Mix all other ingredients, omitting cheese, together and add to saucepan with potatoes.
- Heat on medium until hot.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Garnish with cheese.
I'm no bama girl (go vols) but this was great on a cold day, watching football! Delicious and so easy - i cooked the potatoes in the microwave to save time and left the skins on as well!
I enjoyed this soup with a side salad and oyster crackers. Really easy and flavorful. I left the skins on the potatoes. This is super comfort food for cold days! Thanks for posting. I'm a bama girl too!