This is my version of the Pampered Chef Baked Potato soup found in their Main Dishes Cook book. It is pretty much the same except for more bacon and I have also added my experience of making it in a crock pot. The color isn't quite as nice with the crock pot but it still tastes good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel or scrape out the insides of the baked potatoes and coarsly mash.
- 2Cook bacon in a 4 qt pot until crisp.
- 3Drain bacon on a paper towel and remove all but about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of drippings from the pot.
- 4Add chicken broth, milk, potatoes, celery, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper to the drippings in the pot.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Stir in sour cream and bacon and top with cheese.
- 7NOTE To cook in a crock pot, I cook the bacon in a skillet, add the drippings to the crock pot and then follow the directions using the crock pot instead of the regular pot. I cook on high for 4 hours or low for 5 or 6. It just has to get hot enough to soften the celery a little. I add the sour cream, bacon, and cheese before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.8
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 54.5 mg
- Sodium 910.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 16.6 g