Recipe by Stacky5
I got this recipe from one of the mothers from my son's preschool. It's really rich, but belly-filling and kid-friendly! My kids and I tagged this one to be a "Keeper..."
Top Review by Marsha D.
What a wonderful potato soup recipe! I made this for the cook-a-thon for stacy. She will be missed but her recipes live on. Stacy my friend I know your in heaven looking down on all of us with a big smile. My hubby really loved your potato soup (so did I ) he said and I quote " This is the stuff " I added some chopped onion and onion powder to the potatoes along with a Tbs. of bacon grease. Hubby ate so much that his belly was so full, he was growling on the sofa in pain from stuffing his self. LoL This was so easy to come together and ready in no time at all. Thanks for posting this delicious soup! :) I miss ya my friend!!
- 6 -8 large baking potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) box Velveeta cheese, cut in chunks
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, cooked and broken into bits
- water (to cover potatoes to boil)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut potatoes into cubes and place in a large stock pot.
- Add boullion cubes and cover with water (just enough to cover the potatoes.).
- Boil until potatoes are fork-tender (about 30-40 minutes), but do not drain.
- Add Velveeta and stir until melted. Add sour cream, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Heat until warmed through.
- Serve topped with grated cheese and bacon bits.