Recipe by Sweet Southern Bell
If you love soups in winter as I do,you will love this. I got the recipe from a magazine.
Top Review by Annacia
This is so good!! It's rich and creamy and not for those on a diet A bowl of this soup, some whole grain crackers (or bread) and a crisp side salad and the meal is complete. My husband votes it tops and he's pain in the backside picky. I omited the dill and the soup was the better for it. This will be made again in our home.
- 2 cups water
- 1 quart milk
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in the oven and cook for about 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile heat water in a large saucepan and add chopped celery to the water and simmer until celery is tender.
- When potatoes are fully cooked, slice down the center and scoop the pulp out of each potato and add to celery and water.
- Add milk. butter, sour cream, bacon, green onions, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, parsley or dill and salt and pepper.
- Allow mixture to simmer over low-medium heat until it thickens.
- Serve hot with cheddar cheese sprinkled on top. You may also add chives (from the top of the green onions), bacon pieces and sour cream.