My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake the potatoes till done.
- 2Remove the skins and coarsely mash as you want the potatoes to be chunky.
- 3Dice the bacon and fry till crispy done in the pan you will be making the soup.
- 4Remove bacon to a towel and set aside.
- 5Discard all but about 1/2 teaspoons drippings in pan.
- 6Add the chopped onion to the pan and cook till done but not brown (you can add a tad of water to the pan if the onions need it so they won't brown).
- 7While the onion is cooking, place the broccoli in a saucepan and cook till almost done.
- 8Add the chicken broth, milk, mashed baked potatos, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and broccoli and simmer over a low heat for about 10 minute.
- 9Add the cheese stirring occasionally till melted.
- 10Add the bacon and sour cream just before serving.
- 11Mix it in and ladle it into bowls.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.2
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.3 mg
- Sodium 909.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 15.9 g