Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This tastes like a baked potato and sour cream. It is so yummy on a cool night. You'll make it often once you have tried it. It is good served with a Crusty Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches.
- 4 -5 medium baking potatoes
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (I use College Inn)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup sour cream
- Bake the potatoes till done.
- Remove the skins and coarsely mash as you want the potatoes to be chunky.
- Dice the bacon and fry till crispy done in the pan you will be making the soup.
- Remove bacon to a towel and set aside.
- Discard all but about 1/2 teaspoons drippings in pan.
- Add the chopped onion to the pan and cook till done but not brown (you can add a tad of water to the pan if the onions need it so they won't brown).
- While the onion is cooking, place the broccoli in a saucepan and cook till almost done.
- Add the chicken broth, milk, mashed baked potatos, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and broccoli and simmer over a low heat for about 10 minute.
- Add the cheese stirring occasionally till melted.
- Add the bacon and sour cream just before serving.
- Mix it in and ladle it into bowls.
Super Easy! Super Tasty! The great thing about this recipe is that I saved the skins from the potato and used them the next with the remaining bacon, cheddar and sour cream for potatos skins. Two meals in one! Excellent taste... I did add a bit more salt and pepper.
Thank you!!!! What an awesome recipe! And sooo easy!! I used 4 slices of bacon, but other than that, exactly the same. Even better the second day, if it lasts that long!!