Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 12 mins
I make this a lot as an appetizer and serve it with sour cream. It is different than most potato skins, but very good.
- 6 large potatoes
- 59.16 ml butter
- 6.16 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml onion salt
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 1.23 ml parmesan cheese
- sour cream
- Scrub potatoes throughly, prick several times with a fork.
- Bake at 400 for 1 hour, or until done.
- Allow to cool to touch.
- Cut potatoes in half lenthwise.
- Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving about 1/4 inch thick shells.
- Cut each shell lenthwise into 1 inch wide strips.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops of strips with butter.
- Sprinkle with seasonings and cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes, or until crisp.
- Serve warm with sour cream.
Yum, these were great. My husband and I wolfed them down. I left them in for about 20 minutes so they would be a little more crispy.
Delicious!..I actually made these on the grill, placed them on heavy-duty foil, but not completely covered, they were so good! the same quality and taste as the restaurants serve. I used large Russet taters, and sprinkle on some grated cheddar cheese about 5 minutes before they finished baking. Awesome potato skins! Melody, thanks for posting, we really enjoyed these with our grilled chicken...Kittencal:)