Recipe by JustJanS
Joni g sent me some shoarma mix from Israel, so I've been trying different ways to use it. This one worked really well (as did the roast of lamb I coated with it). Pets'r'us has a shaorma mix recipe on z 'Zaar (#44858) if you want to try this but can't get the mix. Prep time doesn't include cooling the potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 kg tiny new potatoes, scrubbed and halved (or quartered)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shoarma mix
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the oil, and toss this and your potatoes in a large bowl.
- Spread them on a baking tray, and sprinkle with the shoarma mix.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through and golden.
- Remove them and allow them to cool a little.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over the potatoes;toss them gently to coat.
- You can serve them now, or cool to room temperature.