Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I was looking for a way to use a couple of extra baked potatoes,and decided to make a potato salad. But searching through the ones here at " ZAAR " I didn't seem to have all the ingredients that some called for, so I came up with this one.The cook time includes frying the bacon and chilling. If you try it I hope you like it. Submitted to " ZAAR " on May 19th.,2010.
Potato Salad Base
- 2 large leftover baked potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces (about 4 cups )
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled (or can use bacon bits if you like )
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives or 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized bowl mix together salad dressing ingredients and chill for about 10 minutes.
- After dressing has chilled, add everything else except the potatoes, stirring well.
- Now gently fold potatoes into mixture, making sure potatoes are evenly covered.
- Chill for at least 3 hours taste to see if seasonings need to be adjusted, at this point if you like you can add more sour cream.