Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I can't remember where I came across this recipe but it is so delicious. I was looking for a different potato salad because I don't like traditional and this is perfect. Great for a bar-b-q or 4th of July. I made it for a family get together and it was gone faster than anything else!
- 7 lbs russet potatoes
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil, for brushing
- 3 lbs bacon (or more)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 pints sour cream
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch scallion (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke potatoes with a fork and brush with olive oil.
- Bake 1 hour or until tender, let cool and cut into bite sized pieces.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook bacon until crispy, let cook and break into pieces.
- In an extra large bowl mix the potatoes with the bacon, scallions and cheese.
- In a smaller bowl mix the butter and sour cream together and mix into the potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
This was easy and delicious! I did modify just a bit, substituting 1/2 cup of ranch dressing for some of the sour cream. I also loved the idea of baking the potatoes, it freed up oven space while I was making the rest of the meal. Thanks!