This a potato salad that tastes like a baked potato and is very different. Sometimes you like a salad that strays from the norm. You put anything into it that you would put on a baked potato. You don't have to be limited to what is listed. Because I need to give measurements, I tried to put down about what I would use, but I don't usually measure anything because it depends on how many potatoes I bake. Use your own judgment.
- Bake the potatoes; cool slightly; peel.
- Dice into a bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream together; set aside.
- Fry the bacon and crumble.
- Add the bacon, cheese, chives, salt, and pepper to the potato.
- Mix in the mayonnaise mixture to the potato mixture.
- Toss gently.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.