Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This a potato salad that tastes like a baked potato and is very different. Sometimes you like a salad that strays from the norm. You put anything into it that you would put on a baked potato. You don't have to be limited to what is listed. Because I need to give measurements, I tried to put down about what I would use, but I don't usually measure anything because it depends on how many potatoes I bake. Use your own judgment.
- 6 idaho potatoes (baked)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 6 slices bacon (cooked crisp and crumbled)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (cut)
- salt and pepper
- Bake the potatoes; cool slightly; peel.
- Dice into a bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream together; set aside.
- Fry the bacon and crumble.
- Add the bacon, cheese, chives, salt, and pepper to the potato.
- Mix in the mayonnaise mixture to the potato mixture.
- Toss gently.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
The deli down the street sells an almost identical salad for $8 a pound and I have been buying it weekly for lunch! THANKS for this recipe. This was delicious and just as versatile as the author says! I added all that she said, but then added a little garlic powder and some regular onion flakes. This is phenomenal and SOOOO simple!
Absolutely wonderful! My DH hates potato salad, this is the only one he likes! I have taken this camping many times, so easy to throw together ahead of time. Heated it is just like a loaded baked potato. Thanks for the great recipe!
This is right up there with my favorites since trying it recently! I added onions, 4 hard boiled eggs, green pepper and celery seeds and left out the bacon and cheddar. Great change!