1/2 Photos of Baked Potato Salad
2 hrs 45 mins
A unique potato salad! Potatoes are baked with oil and Italian salad dressing mix instead of boiled. I usually omit the tomato because I find it gets mealy and doesn't hold up. From "Taste of Home"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1In a large bowl, toss the postatoes with oil and dressing mixes.
- 2Place into 2 ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pans.
- 3Bake, uncovered at 400 for 45 minutes or until tender.
- 5Transfer to a large bowl, add peppers, onions, tomatoes, eggs and bacon.
- 6Toss gently.
- 7Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- 8Mix well.
- 9Pour over salad and mix gently.
- 10Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.4
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.2 mg
- Sodium 194.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix