1/1 Photo of Baked Potato Ranchero
James Craig's Note:
This recipe is an adaptation of a recipe which was printed in Cooking Light. We enjoy this recipe because it is quick, filling, and inexpensive to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ounce shredded cheddar cheese (4 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 -3 microwaved potatoes
- 1Combine the first 6 ingredients (tomatoes through cumin) in a large nonstick skillet; stir well, and bring to a boil.
- 2Cover, reduce heat and simmer the tomato mixture at least 15 minutes-stirring occasionally. I like my mixture fairly chunky so you can adjust your cooking time accordingly.
- 3Split open the baked potatoes and put the mixture inside.
- 4I normally cut my potato completely open, mash it and put the mixture on top adding the cheese and green onions.
- 5You can certainly add extra ingredients like sour cream etc.
- 6My wife and I usually serve this with a green salad.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Potato Ranchero
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.2
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 581.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.0 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 24.8 g