Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The spices here are inspired by the taters served up at Taco John's mexican joint - this is a lower fat version of their Potato Oles.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot salt (spicy seasoning salt)
- 3 large baking potatoes
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 475°F
- Mix seasoning, sugar and spices together.
- Slice scrubbed, unpeeled potatoes into rounds.
- Place 1/2 of the potatoes into a plastic bag.
- Spray with olive oil.
- Sprinkle half of spice mix into bag.
- Close bag and shake until potatoes are coated.
- Repeat process with other half of potatoes and spices.
- Spray 2 baking sheets with olive oil.
- Spread potato rounds out on baking sheets into a single layer.
- Bake until crisp, 30-40 minutes.
These were great alongside chicken-black bean burritos and spanish rice. I used 2 large potates, sliced pretty thin, probably 1/4 inch or less and only had to cook mine for about 25 minutes. I also decreased the seasoning salt to about 1/2 tbsp - just a personal preference. Will definitely be making again. Thanks!
This spice mixture is amazing! I admit, I intended to make it as the recipe instructed, but I realized someone used my last potatoes! I had seen a recipe earlier today for baked onion rings, so I used your spice mixture on those. YUM! I will be sure to use potatoes next time, but this combo of spices is a sure winner! Thanks.