Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple & fun dessert item!
Make and share this Baked Potato Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 gallon French vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 cup chocolate fudge topping or 1 cup hot fudge
- 1 (7 ounce) can whipped cream (can also use Cool Whip by the scoop)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- Note: you may wish to use more of less of each item listed.
- Soften ice cream just enough to be able to form it.
- Take 2 to 3 scoops and form together into the shape of a baked potato, putting each"potato" back in the freezer until all are done.
- Once they are all formed and firming again roll them through a plate of cocoa so that they are coated completely (you are making the appearance of a potato at this point).
- Place back into freezer until ready to serve.
- Once you are ready to serve, slice them open at the top (just like a baked potato) and poor in some of your chocolate sauce so that it looks like gravy.
- Then squirt in the whipped cream (or scoop in Cool Whip) so that it looks like sour cream.
- Sprinkle on almonds and serve!
- You can use many different toppings such as coconut colored orange to look like shredded cheese, green maraschino cherries to look like green onions and so on.
it helps to wrap the softened ice cream in saran wrap to help when you form it into potato shapes.