Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A simple & fun dessert item!
Make and share this Baked Potato Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 gallon French vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 cup chocolate fudge topping or 1 cup hot fudge
- 1 (7 ounce) can whipped cream (can also use Cool Whip by the scoop)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- Note: you may wish to use more of less of each item listed.
- Soften ice cream just enough to be able to form it.
- Take 2 to 3 scoops and form together into the shape of a baked potato, putting each"potato" back in the freezer until all are done.
- Once they are all formed and firming again roll them through a plate of cocoa so that they are coated completely (you are making the appearance of a potato at this point).
- Place back into freezer until ready to serve.
- Once you are ready to serve, slice them open at the top (just like a baked potato) and poor in some of your chocolate sauce so that it looks like gravy.
- Then squirt in the whipped cream (or scoop in Cool Whip) so that it looks like sour cream.
- Sprinkle on almonds and serve!
- You can use many different toppings such as coconut colored orange to look like shredded cheese, green maraschino cherries to look like green onions and so on.