Recipe by AmyZoe
This is a quick recipe, and it's very hearty and delicious--just like eating a loaded baked potato. I used half-n-half and watered it down and threw the cooked bacon into the soup instead of serving them separately. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home December/January 2012.
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 large potatoes (baked, peeled, and coarsely mashed)
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced and divided
- bacon (crumbled and cooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the potatoes, 1/3 cup cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and 1/4 cup onions.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes (do not boil).
- Garnish with remaining cheese, onions, and bacon.