Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. A casserole resembling a rustic twice baked potato
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 (16 ounce) container fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 bunches green onions
- Set out sour cream to reach room temperature.
- Butter rectangular glass casserole dish.
- Melt butter and cheese together in microwave.
- chop 2 bunches of green onions.
- put Simply Shredded hash brown potatoes in glass casserole dish.
- combine room temp sour cream with melted butter and cheese and pour over potatoes.
- add chopped green onions, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss potatoes and added ingredients with a fork until coated, leaving a rustic, not whipped look.
- bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden on top.
- if you are lucky enough for leftovers, makes great potato pancakes for breakfast.
I tried this last night and it was delish! Thanks for posting!
With 5 ingredients and a 10-minute prep time, this baked potato casserole fits the bill for large family get-togethers. I would serve it as a side with omelets and fruit for brunch, or steak and salad for dinner. The green chiles add the perfect punch of flavor to this simple and savory dish, too! Loved it!
Delicious, comforting, and so easy to make! Minimal prep and mess, and you probably have most of the ingredients already. Would definitely make again as an easy family meal side dish or for a potluck. Can't wait to try the breakfast suggestion!