Recipe by sjf17x
This is a favorite from a local sports bar, only made in a larger quantity to serve as a whole side for the family at dinner. Basically, take whatever you like on a baked potato and use it in this recipe. I like Monterey jack cheese, but just cheddar is great too. It's real simple!
- 4 -5 large russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes, removing any bad spots.
- Boil until just fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Chop the bacon slices and fry or microwave until cooked. Set aside.
- Drain potatoes and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Let cool a little, but while somewhat hot, with skins on, cut into cubes, or bite size pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the butter, Monterey jack cheese, bacon, sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the potatoes in the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spray a 2" deep casserole dish, mainly on the sides, with the Pam.
- Drizzle all the ranch dressing on the bottom of the dish, coating the entire bottom. I use homemade ranch dressing from scratch, but Hidden Valley is awesome or use whatever you prefer.
- Add the potato mixture into the casserole dish, forming an even layer.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese and green onions on top.
- Bake until cheese is nice and bubbly, or about 15 minutes.