Chef #443166's Note:
This is a favorite from a local sports bar, only made in a larger quantity to serve as a whole side for the family at dinner. Basically, take whatever you like on a baked potato and use it in this recipe. I like Monterey jack cheese, but just cheddar is great too. It's real simple!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub potatoes, removing any bad spots.
- 2Boil until just fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- 3Chop the bacon slices and fry or microwave until cooked. Set aside.
- 4Drain potatoes and preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Let cool a little, but while somewhat hot, with skins on, cut into cubes, or bite size pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- 6Add the butter, Monterey jack cheese, bacon, sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the potatoes in the bowl. Stir to combine.
- 7Spray a 2" deep casserole dish, mainly on the sides, with the Pam.
- 8Drizzle all the ranch dressing on the bottom of the dish, coating the entire bottom. I use homemade ranch dressing from scratch, but Hidden Valley is awesome or use whatever you prefer.
- 9Add the potato mixture into the casserole dish, forming an even layer.
- 10Sprinkle the cheddar cheese and green onions on top.
- 11Bake until cheese is nice and bubbly, or about 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 814.0
- Calories from Fat 456
- Total Fat 50.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 106.6 mg
- Sodium 828.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 23.4 g