Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you are having a buffet, think of baked potatoes. Serve them along with three toppings to choose from. Also, this idea makes a great gift to pass along to someone. Decorate a basket and a sign saying "Baked Potato Kit" and in it put 6 baking potatoes and little jars of toppings which you have labeled and tied with pretty twine.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 2 small garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup thick salsa
- 2 tablespoons black olives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- In three small bowls combine ingredients for each topping; stir till well-blended.
- Cover and store in refrigerator till ready to use.
- About 3/4 hour before use, take them out of the refrigerator.
- If you are using them as a gift, give all three with the potatoes.
- If you are making these for a buffet, you may want to make extra topping to fit your guest list.
- NOTE: Bacon-Cheddar = 1 1/2 cups; Garlic-Pepper = 1/2 cup; Salsa = 1/2 cup.
Great idea! Thanks for sharing Mimi! This was a hit at our family's last big dinner! :)