Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The texture and rich flavor make this bread a wonderful companion to roasts. Served warm it can turn a bowl of vegetable beef soup into a memorable meal. This recipe is for a 2 pound loaf.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 3 tablespoons chives
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Put all ingredients into a bread machine (with a 2 pound loaf capacity or larger) in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Set to the regular bake cycle.
This is a good bread. I prefer it without the bacon bits. Thanks for posting. Note: 3 cups of flour makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf, not a 2 pound loaf.
My family thought this bread was good. With all of the wonderful ingredients in this bread, I was a little disappointed that the flavors were not very detectable. Next time, I think that I would double the amount of chives and bacon bits to make the flavors more pronounced. This bread was easy to make and went together very quickly. Thanks for sharing.