lucy k.'s Note:
Next time you make baked potatoes, throw in a few extra for this quick and delicious next-day soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 100 g prosciutto, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 baked potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup provolone cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1Saute onions and prosciutto in butter in a large pot.
- 2Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- 3Add garlic and pepper. Cook 1 minute more.
- 4Stir in flour, then add beef broth and vinegar. Simmer, stirring frequently until thickened.
- 5Put one of the diced potatoes in the blender with one cup of water and puree. Add to the pot.
- 6Add the rest of the water and diced potatoes, basil, thyme, parsley, salt. Simmer 10 minutes.
- 7Add cream and heat through. If it is too thick, add milk to get desired consistency.
- 8Serve sprinkled with provolone and green onions.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Potato and Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.3
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 339.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: