Recipe by wyojess
This is one of my all-time favorite recipes from Pampered Chef. They're quick, easy and can be made in bulk and frozen for later. Such an attractive appetizer, too! From a pampered chef invitation I received from a friend.
Top Review by Frugal Zealot
My family and I love this recipe. I cook up chicken and chop it up to have on hand for this particular recipe. I also substitute 1/2 cup of apricot preserves for the red jalapeno jelly and combine with the remaining ingredients for the dipping sauce. It is WONDERFUL!
- 1 (10 ounce) can white chicken meat, drained and flaked
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup green onions with top, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped (or 1/4 tsp dry ginger)
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 24 square wonton wrappers
- dipping sauce
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno jelly (see my recipe)
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, water chestnuts, green onions, carrot, ginger, soy sauce, egg white, mayo and garlic. Mix well.
- To assemble potstickers, place 12 wonton wrappers onto a smooth, clean and dry surface. Lightly brush the edges of each wonton with water. Place about 1 tablespoon of filling onto the center of each wonton. Fold corners of the wonton to the middle to secure the filling inside (envelope style works well, but you can be creative).
- Place wontons on a cookie sheet and lightly spray with Pam or olive oil. Repeat with remaining wontons.
- Bake 12-15 min until golden brown.
- For dipping sauce, place jelly in a small bowl. Microwave on high 30-40 sec or until warm. Add vinegar and soy sauce. Whisk until well blended.
- Serve potstickers with dipping sauce and enjoy!