Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This little gem came from the South Beach Diet Cookbook! Easy, yummy!
- 236.59 ml no-sugar-added spaghetti sauce
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps
- 113.39 g package reduced-fat goat cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 29.58 ml pine nuts, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh basil
- 1 sprig fresh basil (to garnish) (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375*F.
- Spread the sauce in the bottom of a 9"x9" baking dish.
- Arrange the mushroom caps, gill side up, on top.
- Place a piece of goat cheese on each mushroom.
- Sprinkle evenly with the pine nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Top with the chopped basil.
- Garnish with the basil sprig, if using.
- Makes 4 servings.
These mushrooms were delicious. They complimented the pasta we had with them perfectly. I love goat cheese and the basil was a nice touch, thanks. Made this for ZWT4 for the Chic Chefs.
This is a fantastic, filling and pretty dish for company. Easy to make and a vegetarian offering that is low-carb and really tasty. We use feta cheese and crumble it over the inside of the mushroom caps instead of a fattier goat cheese.