Recipe by Sharon123
This little gem came from the South Beach Diet Cookbook! Easy, yummy!
Top Review by Midwest Maven
These mushrooms were delicious. They complimented the pasta we had with them perfectly. I love goat cheese and the basil was a nice touch, thanks. Made this for ZWT4 for the Chic Chefs.
- 1 cup no-sugar-added spaghetti sauce
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps
- 1 (4 ounce) package reduced-fat goat cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 sprig fresh basil (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375*F.
- Spread the sauce in the bottom of a 9"x9" baking dish.
- Arrange the mushroom caps, gill side up, on top.
- Place a piece of goat cheese on each mushroom.
- Sprinkle evenly with the pine nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Top with the chopped basil.
- Garnish with the basil sprig, if using.
- Makes 4 servings.