Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This little gem came from the South Beach Diet Cookbook! Easy, yummy!
Make and share this Baked Portobello Caps With Melted Goat Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 375*F.
- Spread the sauce in the bottom of a 9"x9" baking dish.
- Arrange the mushroom caps, gill side up, on top.
- Place a piece of goat cheese on each mushroom.
- Sprinkle evenly with the pine nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Top with the chopped basil.
- Garnish with the basil sprig, if using.
- Makes 4 servings.
These mushrooms were delicious. They complimented the pasta we had with them perfectly. I love goat cheese and the basil was a nice touch, thanks. Made this for ZWT4 for the Chic Chefs.
This is a fantastic, filling and pretty dish for company. Easy to make and a vegetarian offering that is low-carb and really tasty. We use feta cheese and crumble it over the inside of the mushroom caps instead of a fattier goat cheese.