Recipe by Denise!
This is a delicious stroganoff that makes a richer, browner gravy and uses pork loins. A good way to serve cheaper cuts of meat and still serve a delicous, hot meal.
Top Review by TGirl,RN
Chris, his father and I are just sorry that five stars is the maximum rating!! We all loved this meal--followed your recipe to the letter, served with egg noodles and we all licked our plates clean!! Absolutely fabulous!! I ended up buying a pork shoulder blade roast, and used some meat tenderizer on it, cause I was scared it would be tough--I'm not sure if it was the tenderizer or the recipe, but the meat was as tender as could be, and the meal was such a great one--thanks for this fabulous recipe!! Definitely a keeper!!!!!~~~~TERESA
- 2 lbs pork loin, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 (28 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- hot buttered egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet.
- Add pork loin and sprinkle with salt and half the pepper.
- Saute the pork loin at a medium-high heat until the bottom of the skillet starts to brown from the browned pork loin.
- Place pork loins in a shallow baking dish.
- Add the white wine or broth to the skillet, stirring to remove bits from bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the mushroom soup, the onion soup and the half cup of water.
- Mix well and pour over the pork loin in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the pepper and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir well, sprinkle with the remaining pepper and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
- Serve over the hot buttered pasta.