I can't take credit for this recipe... I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com user:Rayna This is, hands down, THE best spring roll recipe I've ever prepared. I use it regularly in home, and it's even been approved by my Chinese Mother-In-Law! This is slightly changed from the original recipe as I've altered it to my family's preferences. *NOTE: If you can find the pre-shredded coleslaw bags that are JUST cabbage and carrot, use that. The ratio's are a bit better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spicy ground pork
- 10 ounces carrots, matchstick
- 10 ounces finely shredded cabbage
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (12 ounce) bag bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- egg rolls or spring roll wrappers
- canola oil or cooking spray
- hot water
- opt. flour or cornstarch
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 2Place pork in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove from heat and drain.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together cabbage, carrot, green onions, cilantro, and bean sprouts.
- 4In a small bowl mix together sesame oil, fish sauce, ginger, garlic and chile sauce. Mix well, and then add to vegetables in large bowl. Use your hands to mix the wet ingredients into the veggies. A spoon or spatula simply won't cut it!
- 5Add the sausage to the wet/veggie ingredients for even disbursement of chile sauce.
- 6Mix optional flour/cornstarch and water in a small bowl. (I use just hot water and find it more than adequate. My mother-in-law uses flour. Neither of us care for the taste of the cornstarch).
- 7Place approximately 1-2 tablespoons of the pork mixture in the center of spring roll wrappers. Roll wrappers around the mixture, folding edges inward to close. Moisten fingers in the cornstarch and water mixture, and brush wrapper seams to seal.
- 8Arrange spring rolls in a single layer on a medium, foil covered (crinkle up your foil and you'll have less sticking issues) baking sheet. Brush/spray lightly with canola oil.
- 9Bake in the preheated oven 15-20 minutes, until hot and lightly browned. For crispier spring rolls, turn after 10 minutes,.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Pork Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.6 mg
- Sodium 85.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: